Join the Guild
Stand for justice with
the National Lawyers Guild.
As a member of NLGSF, you will receive the following benefits
- Discounted rates on progressive MCLE programming;
- Updates on current events and programs in the Bay Area legal and movement communities through our online newsletter;
- Eligibility to join Bay Area and national NLG committees;
- Listing in the national NLG referral directory;
- Invitations to members-only events;
- Access to NLGSF list servs, including our job board; and
- Voting rights in local and national elections.
NLGSF relies almost entirely on membership dues to sustain our operations. Nevertheless, our membership rates are suggested, sliding scale amounts as we strive to make participation in the Guild as accessible as possible, regardless of income.
Jailhouse Lawyer Member: Free Membership
(An individual currently incarcerated who is knowledgeable about the law and is a self-advocate and/or provides legal advocacy for their fellow inmates.)
Law Student Member: $15 per year
(An individual currently enrolled in law school.)
Legal Worker Member: $25 – $50 per year
(An individual not licensed to practice law but is regularly engaged in advocacy, organizing or legal support work.)
New Attorney Member: $50 per year
(An attorney who graduated from law school less than six months ago.)
Attorney Member: $50 – $500 per year
(An attorney who is permitted to practice law; an attorney who is retired and in inactive status with any State Bar Association; and graduates from law school who have not yet been admitted to practice law.)
Attorney Member Suggested Dues (based on annual income):
- < $20k: $50-$75
- $20k-$25k: $75-$100
- $25k-$30k: $100-$165
- $30k-$40k: $165-$220
- $40k-$50k: $220-$275
- $50k-$60k: $275-$325
- $60k-$75k: $325-$375
- $75-$100k: $375-$450
Advocate Member: $500 per year
Advocate Members are recognized in our annual Testimonial Dinner Journal
Sustainer Member: Minimum $750 per year
In addition to the benefits of general membership, Sustainer Members receive the following additional benefits:
- 1 ticket to our annual Testimonial Dinner (a $165 value)
- Recognition in our Testimonial Dinner Journal
If you would like to make a donation, please complete the form below to contribute online.
Friends of the Guild (those who contribute $25 or more) will receive benefits similar to those of our members, such as the weekly online newsletter and invitations to Guild events.