JOB DESCRIPTION – MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
NATIONAL LAWYERS GUILD – SF BAY AREA CHAPTER
The National Lawyers Guild San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (NLGSF) is the largest chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, with over 700 members. NLGSF seeks a Membership Coordinator to ensure the smooth operation of our office, with a focus on managing our database of members. The Membership Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director.
Details of Employment
- Position begins between July 15 – August 1, 2020
- Full-Time position
- $52,000 salary plus generous benefit package
Membership Support and Communications:
- Manage and ensure the quality and accuracy of our membership database.
- Respond to member email and telephone inquiries.
- Oversee monthly billing of members and lapsed members.
- Support sustainer drives and renewals.
- Oversee and update membership listservs.
- Create and distribute regular email newsletter to members and supporters.
- Update website with news and events.
- Update social media and keep relevant.
- Support with on-line, mail and in-person fundraisers
- Support growth and engagement of student chapters
- Support recruitment of new NLG-SF lawyers, particularly new lawyers and law students
- Check and respond to general office email accounts and voicemail boxes.
- Collect and sort incoming mail.
- Ensure that bills and checks received get to the Treasurer or to our fiscal sponsor.
- General office filing and data entry.
- Coordinate main office operations, including ordering supplies, coordinating use of office space, serving as primary point of contact for office service providers.
- Support Board of Directors and committees with any meeting logistics.
- Coordinate and prepare mailing lists for mass mailings to members as needed.
- Coordinate and provide support for staff and program meetings as needed.
- Assist other staff members in creating forms, mailings, and surveys through Powerbase
- Oversee social media communications on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Help administer Zoom account, meetings, and webinars
- Support hotline technology needs
- Support with all aspects of event planning, coordination and promotion including on-line and in-person events
- Support with annual testimonial dinner coordination, promotion, ticket sales and journal ad submissions
Qualifications and Characteristics
- At least two years of experience in fundraising, event planning/coordination, member services, or customer service.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, accurately, and efficiently.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experiences with database management and quick to learn new technologies
- Self-motivated and independent – must be able to implement and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing situations.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Experience with non-profit databases (familiarity with PowerBase or CiviCRM highly preferred)
- Knowledge of WordPress.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until it is filled but preference will be given to those who apply before midnight PST on July 1, 2020.
NLGSF is an affirmative action employer. People of color, women, immigrants, formerly incarcerated persons, LGBTIQ+ individuals and differently-abled individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.